Lactobacillus helveticus UBLHv-01
Lactobacillus helveticus (Lb. helveticus) is a non-motile, gram positive, non-spore forming, rod shaped, micro-aerophilic, and thermophilic bacterium. It is homo-fermentative, which means that lactic acid is the principal metabolite and carbon dioxide and flavor compounds are not produced during fermentation.
Benefits of Lactobacillus helveticus
- High ability to survive gastrointestinal transit and adhere to epithelial cells
- Antagonizes pathogens
- Helps prevents gastrointestinal infections
- Modulates host immune responses
- Restores natural gut flora
- In food industry, it is most commonly used in the production of cheese.
Specifications for Lactobacillus Helveticus UBLHv-01
Cream to light brown coloured powder with characteristic odour
10/20/50/100 Billion cfu/g
Pathogens: Escherichia coli Salmonella species Staphylococcus aureus Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Should be absent/10g Should be absent/10g Should be absent/g Should be absent/g